Lonsdale Parade

Come rain or shine…the parade must go on! With my husband Joe as my chauffeur, and a very cool Camaro convertible donated by New Prague Auto Group, we lined up for the community celebration in Lonsdale, Minnesota!


Thank goodness for the gift bag that was given to all of the Mrs. International 2012 contestants, as the umbrella and jacket, which were among the gifts with the Mrs. International crown and roses, were both necessities on this rainy and chilly day.  Regardless of the weather, the streets were lined with people of all ages waving, clapping and cheering in celebration of their little town about an hour south of the Twin Cities.

In this particular parade, the announcer read a detailed script about the Mrs. International title and details of my platform. I was actually a bit surprised and humbled when the audience started cheering and clapping as he finished his comments…I waved, smiled, and said thank you directly to those with whom I made eye contact. It may have been a cool day, but it was a heartwarming event.

Thank you to the Lonsdale community for allowing me to share in their celebration.

With love,

Sarah Bazey
Mrs. International 2012

Comments

Popular Posts